Saturday, September 17, 2016

Bob Ross is my Homie

10:45 pm Friday night, I get a text from my friend Madison "Hey, you guys want to go on a hike tomorrow morning?" I reply around 11:30pm "Sure!" and we hash out the details. We got together around 10:30 am the next morning. We went out about 45 minutes away to Driggs for this hike and....

It. Was. Beautiful.

It was not an R Mountain in the least. We parked near the bottom and started hiking with the Wilson's baby Benton and Great Dane - Boomer - in tow. It was a great day for a hike, clear skies, trees for days, warm, no humidity. We hiked two miles up the trail. We could have driven further up but we didn't realize that until we were knee deep into it. It was okay, we were having a great time. Especially when we hit a meadow with some really great landscapes. 

Now you might make fun but since I've started watching Bob Ross on Netflix I appreciate nature a lot more. And I think that's the purpose of the arts- it's so we appreciate the things around us. I had to stop and take pictures of potential paintings. I noticed the depth, the layers, the colors, the diversity, and the contrast. It was really cool to actually appreciate it for the beauty that it was instead of saying "cool" and moving on. I also felt like it helped me appreciate the moment instead of just taking a selfie in front of the scene. Here are some of the snap shots with my phone. (I'm not a photographer so I don't have a nice camera, I doubt that will ever become one of my hobbies. But they turned out pretty good.) 



I really liked the color here.

That one yellow tree is what made me stop.


I found this little gem while I was taking a little rest.
Closer look at the one above, it's my favorite.

Love the green tree hills with the mountains and the fields in the distance.

Boomer. He was tired after that hike!

It was a great morning with great friends! We might even go back to go camping there before it starts snowing.

Always,
Arica
SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. I love the pics and post! I want to go on a like now!!! 😀

    ReplyDelete