Now that I'm back in Rexburg I've been telling Trevor all of the things I meant to do while I was here and never did. There may or may not be a blog post of all the things I wanted to do.
Let me list some of them for you:
- Hike "R" Mountain
- Enjoy the Hot Springs
- Visit the Sand Dunes
- Go to Yellowstone
- MAYBE go snowboarding...ish.
- Check out the local ghost town
As with any list I started at the top. Trevor and I hiked "R" mountain...sort of. I'm not the best hiker, but I'll do it. Most will do it for the view. Then there's me who has a fear of falling. I wouldn't say heights exactly because I still enjoy rollercoasters (nothing too crazy) but if I look out and I feel like I will fall I suddenly can't move. I'm wrought with fear. And so....this happened as we hiked up R mountain, which isn't even that high or scary. I just chalk it up to a fact- I have my limits. I think some people would want to change that about me and maybe think I'm not living life to the fullest but no one wishes more than me that I wouldn't freak out so easily.
The incline was pretty intense, we only went up a few paces when we could turn around and feel like we were a good distance from where we started.
 |
| If you look close you can see our car at the bottom there. |
 |
| Yes, seriously that is the mountain. It's a sandy path...more on that later. |
 |
| Higher. |
 |
| Higher still. |
 |
| Highest- that I captured anyways. |
It was a sandy hike and as we got higher and higher I became more aware that I could just roll down at any moment. There were "fences" up to catch you or for you to hold on. But once the sand met a very slick rock that I would need to hold onto a fence so that I could go at a 30 degree angle up. One slip of my shoe and I felt that the sand would betray me and I would fall to my demise! Okay, pretty dramatic but I was scared enough that I told Trevor I couldn't go any further. He went up a bit further but didn't want to leave me by myself for too long. I felt bad.
NEVER FEAR! Trevor went on the hike with a buddy of his a week later and went inside the basin of the mountain because SURPRISE it's a very old inactive volcano. Maybe I'll brave it one day, but that was not this day.
We did make some friends along the way:
 |
Just a couple of prickly pears.
|
It was still fun and I started my list! Onto the next.
Passionately and slight embarrassed,
Arica
No comments:
Post a Comment