Saturday, September 24, 2016

Starry, Starry Night

I’ve returned to my college town as a married woman and it is definitely…the best thing ever. Don’t worry, I’m so happy I had the time in college to experience being single, feeling the thrill of the dating chase, and making life long bonds with my roommates and friends. There were some major pros to being single at BYU-Idaho.
I’ve seen the dating game played in full at BYU-Idaho as someone who has dated, had a few relationships, and also sometimes had a dating drought while in college. Now that I went away, got married, and came back- it has showed me that being married here definitely has it’s pros as well. I would like to address some of the pros of marriage in this college town.
  1. permanent date night
  2. never wondering if a boy is flirting being friendly or if he wants to hold my hand
  3. worrying about what I look like when I roam into Walmart in my sweats and hoodie
  4. not saying goodnight! Oh it’s so nice to come home after a date and not have to say goodbye.
This date night we went….STAR GAZING!  For a couple of years Trevor has tried to take me out to go star gazing – something I find very romantic. It just never worked out for whatever reason- oh I know the reasons: sickness, rain, heat,  and we also weren’t quite sure where in Charlotte we would go for a good view with the least amount of light pollution. In Idaho we live in the country, it is not lined with street lamps and our road it happens to lead to the sand dunes.
We went out there when it was very dark. It took us 45 minutes to find a way to get on the actual dunes. When we actually got out there it legitimately looked like this:
tumblr_static_79eiifr4i8g8gc40408wwk0sw
Now this is not a picture from the dunes…but it is exactly what it looked like! It was beautiful. 
We laid on a tarp with a blanket on it and pulled out our snuggies- yes, somehow we have two and we have no shame! It was so cold out there at night, we even had hoodies and wool socks on.
Star gazing freezing cold dunes survival guide:
  • Tip #1: cuddle
  • Tip #2: bring music
  • Tip #3: have a drink- hot chocolate would be best, we brought some cold drinks
  • Tip #4: make a fire- we had the stuff but after looking for a place to park for 45 minutes we decided to do it another time
It was a magical scene, I have never beheld nature such as this. I was in awe. We will have to do it again before it snows.
Passionately,
Arica

No comments:

Post a Comment