Friday, November 14, 2014

In Another Life....

One day Trevor turns to me and says, "I know what Ashleigh's alter ego could be!" The thought of assigning someone an alter ego had never occurred to me. I had no idea what Trevor was about to assign my older sister with as he said, "She could be someone that only spoke in hashtags. After everything she said she would have to add a hashtag to it." Then I said, "Hashtag Ash?" The name was born.

Alter Ego: 
what you could be under different circumstances
who you would be in another life
the answer to if you had a double life

After revealing Ashleigh's alter ego we started thinking about each others. Here's what we came up with:
Trevor
Hard Core: In any other life Trevor would take any hobby or interest to the "nth" degree. He'd be so obsessed with that one hobby that he wouldn't make time for anything else...it'd be his entire being.

Examples could include:
the politician- which he's already REALLY interested in but imagine this at all times.
metal music- he'd dedicate his life to the art of rock- long hair, chain wallet, guitar player, etc.

Can I just add that this is not my type at all....
working out- his biceps would have biceps....it'd be gross and he'd only talk about his gains.
video gamer- he'd be working for a video game company and play video games in his free time...it'd be Tron.

Arica:
Night Club Socialite: If I grew up with no morals, values, or creed I would make the night life....my life.

This tells how very naive I am because I'm not even sure exactly what that entails. I've never been to nor desired to go clubbing. The reason this would be my alter ego is because of my personality. ANY of my roommates from college will know that I seek a good time no matter what I'm doing. In college I would stop everything and say, "DANCE PARTY!" and we'd turn the lights down low and put on some jams. You could also get me in the car with some good music playing and I'm singing, dancing, and quiet literally making a fool of myself. I already act like I'm drunk because I just don't care what anyone thinks when I'm in the mood for some fun. In an alternate universe, why not add some alcohol to hide my shame...plus I could tell everyone to blame on the acchyhol right? In my REAL life it takes a little more coaxing to get this side of me to come out, but as a night club socialite this would be me all the time. Watch out for the intensity...and the "woo's" there are always "woo's" with those people.

My bachelorette party! Jamming to some JT.
Pictured left to right: Me (bride to be), Emily (my after college roommate), Kristin (my mission friend/college roommate), Arin (my lil' sis), and Valerie (college soulmate). So yeah...they've seen this side of me.

What would YOUR alter ego be? 


No comments:

Post a Comment