Let me sum up: It was perfect.
I damaged my car, it was my fault entirely. I had to get the bumper replaced and painted. BLEH!
The bridesmaids dresses I ordered weren't being altered right for any of my bridesmaids. A week and a half before I got married I ran from dress store to dress store for four purple dresses in a variety of sizes.
My wedding dress was being altered by my very good friend and when I got it back completed it didn't fit. (I thought I'd gained weight!)
I was told by my mother in law that the plants she was growing for the reception decor were dying.
Trevor's car broke down.
I woke up the Monday before my wedding with a swollen eye. Tuesday it looked worse. I went to the minute clinic, it was an "eyelid infection".
It rained buckets on the way down to the temple.
Trevor had the wrong temple bag and had to run to my mom's house to find his while we were down in South Carolina, the night before the wedding.
Oh wait, I said it was perfect didn't I???
I woke up to a wet and rainy Saturday morning. But it was my wedding day. I got ready at the hotel room.
Emily did my hair!
Finishing touches….
I'm a BRIDE!
After that…nothing really mattered. Every problem or hiccup was solved and if not, it was my wedding day…I didn't care anymore. It rained but Trevor and I thought it was better that way otherwise it would have been really hot outside. We also got really good pictures taken and they were different than most people's because we had to be creative with the rain.
We weren't just married for this life, we were sealed. Sealed for time and all eternity. I get to be with Trevor forever…FOREVER! That's the power of temples. It's not always about who can go inside or witness it, it's about Trevor and I making such sacred promises that we will keep so that we can remain together forever. I'm grateful for the power and authority of the Priesthood on the earth so that we can have this power to bind families forever.
Our reception was that night at 6pm. When I walked into the church it was beautiful! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all who helped make that cultural hall look impeccable. It was magical, romantic, and me. From the flowers, to the pictures, to the set up, the food, all of it…I couldn't have ASKED for a better reception. When people ask me how my wedding day was I can honestly say that it was perfect. It was everything I ever wanted and with the man I didn't know I wanted.
More pictures to come for sure! I'm just waiting on our photographer to get them back to us and I will be sure to post some of them for you.
Here's one that I love:
AH! I'm SO happy!
Here's to love!
~Arica Baker




kevin would love this pic of you...you are so beautiful. i know he's so proud of you. <3
ReplyDelete